When vacancies occur they will be advertised on the Teach in Northamptonshire website. Please click here for details.
HLTA/Pupil Premium Champion
We are currently advertising for a Higher Level teaching Assistant/Pupil Premium Champion. The information is shown below.
Long Buckby Junior School is looking to recruit a Level 4 Teaching Assistant/HLTA to start in September 2018. You will need:
- A GCSE C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent;
- Experience of working with children in a school of a relevant age;
- Experience of leading provision and developing programmes to support learning – both pastoral and academic.
- A willingness to learn and further develop your skills in a supportive environment alongside lovely children.
- An ability to work alongside colleagues as part of a team.
The role will involve supporting children on a 1:1 basis or in small groups so that they develop positive attitudes to and an enjoyment of learning. It will also involve teaching whole classes as part of the school’s PPA cover programme. The role will be approximately split 50/50 between the Pupil Premium Champion and HLTA. This is a newly created post within the school and the successful candidate will be able to help shape and develop the role.
Long Buckby Junior School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted February 2015) with lovely children and very supportive staff and Governors.
- Pay: Spinal point 19 - 22 (pro rata approx.: £16,693 to £18,072).
- Hours: 28.75
- Contract: Permanent
Please contact the school for more information and to arrange a visit.
“Long Buckby Junior School has a duty to ensure the safeguarding of all the children and staff at the school. All appointments made will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring check and a Disqualification by Association declaration.”
The closing date for applications is 3.30 pm, Monday 11th June 2018